Course Franchise Opportunities
Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine is proud to announce that beginning in Fall 2016, that qualified individuals will be able to franchise some of our highly sought after programs. The three programs that will be available for franchise are as follows:
- Emergency First Aid (8 hours)
- Standard First Aid (14 – 16 hours)
- Remote Responder Wilderness First Aid (24 hours)
In response to ongoing demand from valued clients who would like to be able to deliver our courses to their group, colleagues, organization or students, RMAM is now working on materials to make this a reality.
We are currently field testing our programs in and around the Calgary area in order to ensure that the process and materials are laid out in a way to set instructors and their students up for success. If you have already had experience with us, then you will know that our focus is on delivering quality programs that engage the learner and set individuals up to be able to perform first aid skills with competence and competence. We are committed to ensuring that our franchised programs meet the high standards that our clients have come to expect from us in all our training programs.
Stay tuned for more information about this opportunity as we move forward. As a provider of one or all of these programs, course materials will be made available to you along with teaching resources to enhance the learning opportunity. RMAM will provide you with a list of required supplies for the practical course components based on the size of the group.
One thing that is important to us as a company is that instructors “know their stuff”. So please see below a list of requirements / important information for eligibility to be part of this program.
Important Eligibility Details
- Current First Aid certification or Wilderness First Aid certification of 40 or 80 hours. (We feel that an individual with a Standard level of certification does not have adequate resources to draw on to allow them to deliver the appropriate depth of knowledge when teaching a Standard First Aid course.) If you do not have this, then we will help you attain this goal.
- Current first aid teaching qualification from an organization recognized by Alberta OH&S – this will allow you to fast track the training program.
- No first aid teaching qualification? Participate in the RMAM instructor training program.
- Certified teacher in Alberta? If you have the required pre-requisite level of First Aid, then you can fast track the training program.
- Plan to teach the Remote Responder program? You require a 40 or 80 hour Wilderness First Aid certification and we require a resumé outlining your wilderness experience.
- All potential instructors will need to co-teach with an RMAM instructor as a final step in the process.
- Instructors must provide the appropriate gear and supplies required for the program in an adequate quantity for the size of their group.
- Instructors must be in compliance with all regulatory requirements from Alberta Occupational Health and Safety.
- Franchisees will be asked to enter into a confidential agreement with Rocky Mountain Adventure. Medicine Inc. and agree to adhere to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Franchisees will require appropriate insurance coverage.