The Standard First Aid course is a 14 hour comprehensive program which focuses on the basic areas of preserving life, preventing further injury and providing first aid care until medical aid is available. This course is intended for the first aider who has EMS care within 15 minutes. Participants receive a course workbook and a Standard First Aid certification. Use of all medical supplies required during the course is included. Participants will have the option to purchase first aid kit and/or supplies at a discounted rate during the course.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR AN UPCOMING COURSE
- Medical, Legal and Documentation issues
- Communicable Diseases
- Patient Assessment System
- Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Choking Management – Adult, Child & Infant patient
- CPR and AED Training (Level C) includes adult, child and infant skills
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Heart Attack, Angina and Stroke
- Complete Assessment and Extended Care
- Bone and Join Injuries
- Spine, Head and Pelvic Injuries
- Chest Trauma
- Medical Emergencies
- Bites, Stings, Poisons and Toxins
- Heat and Cold Emergencies
The above course schedule is flexible and may alter subject to your requirements. We will work with you as best we can to ensure that course content and skills are relevant and fit with your specific needs and requirements.
Standard First Aid Course (includes Level C CPR). This course is recognized by Alberta Workplace Health and Safety.
This 2 day program meets workplace requirements for first aid training in Alberta. The course includes a combination of theory, practical activities and scenarios.
Please be sure to read the COVID-19 Stage 2 guidelines which can be found on the course pages of our website, prior to registering for the program.
Course participants are required to bring the following:
- Mask for personal use when physical distancing is not feasible (e.g. during scenarios)
- Something to write with
- Water, snacks and lunch
- Participants are also required to complete a COVID Screening questionnaire and have their temperature checked daily.
Course Times are as Follows:
Tuesday September 29 and Wednesday September 30, 2020, 2020 – 9:00am – 5:00pm
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROGRAM WILL BE HELD AT KAMP KIWANIS
Manitoba – First Aider 2
Saskatchewan – Class A Attendant
Yukon – SFA
$145 plus GST
If you need to cancel your registration for an upcoming program, then the following terms will apply.
- If you cancel your registration 14 days or more prior to a program, all course fees will be returned to you except for a $25 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your registration less than 14 days prior to an upcoming program, then a refund will NOT be issued. Fees can be applied to another program that is being offered within 12 months of the original course date.*PLEASE NOTE THAT COURSE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MUST STILL BE MET
- No transfers are offered on or after 7 days prior to the course start date. A $25 administrative fee will be charged on all program transfers.
- In the event that Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine cancels an upcoming program, you will receive a full refund of your course fees.
- PLEASE NOTE: When you register for a program that is offered in conjunction with Yamnuska Mountain Adventures, the University of Calgary or Camp Chief Hector, their transfer and cancellation policies are in effect since they handle course registrations. Their cancellation and transfer policies override the Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine policy.
Private Courses Only
Not only are Dave and Brenda very knowledgeable, they have personal skills which make them excellent presenters. The many days we spent with them were pleasant, enlightening, and very worthwhile. I would highly recommend any courses that they offer to anyone interested in fantastic training in First Aid.
Of particular note is the extensive training and experience of Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine’s instructional staff. Their ability to develop meaningful and rich learning scenarios have benefited the Kamp Kiwanis staff people’s abilities to make sound and thoughtful responses and decisions in first aid situations.