Personal / Partner Rope Rescue
Due to COVID-19, this course is not currently available
This is an intensive 20-hour program designed to give the climber, rescuer, SAR Professional or firefighter an understanding of personal rope skills that will enable you to become self-sufficient and perform basic rescue or retreat in a high angle environment should the need arise. It will cover basic systems that will allow self-rescue and the potential rescue of a partner.
Topics covered include:
- rope characteristics, construction and care
- knots, hitches and bends
- ascending a rope
- descending a rope
- anchor systems
- belay options
- rope physics and forces
- pick off techniques
- partner rescue
Team Concepts of Rope Rescue
Beginning at the basics of rope handling, then evolving into the exploration of various rescue systems. This is a suitable program for rescue teams, SAR Teams, fire departments or those that deal with fall protection and recovery systems. The concepts that are presented are based on, and meet the standards and criteria of the NFPA. The course will be customized to meet the needs of different teams or to topographical considerations or to work site locations and requirements.
This is an intensive 40 plus hour program that is taught over 5 consecutive days or can be split into 2 weekends… be prepared for long days and intensive learning!
Your Content Goes Here
Team Concepts of Rope Rescue: 40 hours
Team Concepts of Rope Rescue: No pre-requisite
Re-Certification Program – 10 hours
Team Concepts of Rope Rescue: Re-certification of skills is recommended every 3 years
RMAM recommends a training session is offered on an annual basis
Re-Certification Program – 20 hours
Team Concepts of Rope Rescue: Please contact us for a price for your team or organization
If you need to cancel your registration for an upcoming program, then the following terms will apply.
- If you cancel your registration 14 days or more prior to a program, all course fees will be returned to you except for a $25 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your registration less than 14 days prior to an upcoming program, then a refund will NOT be issued. Fees can be applied to another program that is being offered within 12 months of the original course date.*PLEASE NOTE THAT COURSE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MUST STILL BE MET
- No transfers are offered on or after 7 days prior to the course start date. A $25 administrative fee will be charged on all program transfers.
- In the event that Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine cancels an upcoming program, you will receive a full refund of your course fees.
- PLEASE NOTE: When you register for a program that is offered in conjunction with Yamnuska Mountain Adventures, the University of Calgary or Camp Chief Hector, their transfer and cancellation policies are in effect since they handle course registrations. Their cancellation and transfer policies override the Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine policy.