Emergency First Aid focuses on the basic areas of preserving life, preventing further injury and providing first aid care until medical aid is available. This course is intended for the first aider who has EMS care within 15 minutes. Participants receive a course workbook and an Emergency First Aid certification. Participants will have the option to purchase first aid kit at a discounted rate during the course.
- Medical, Legal and Documentation issues
- Communicable Diseases
- Patient Assessment System
- Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Choking Management – Adult, Child & Infant patient
- CPR and AED Training (Level C) includes adult, child and infant skills
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Heart Attack, Angina and Stroke
Because this course is only delivered for private groups the above course schedule is flexible and may be altered to fit your requirements. We will work with you as best we can to ensure that course content and skills are relevant and fit with your specific needs and requirements.
Manitoba – First Aider 1
Saskatchewan – N/A
Yukon – EFA
$115 plus GST
If you need to cancel your registration for an upcoming program, then the following terms will apply.
- If you cancel your registration 14 days or more prior to a program, all course fees will be returned to you except for a $25 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your registration less than 14 days prior to an upcoming program, then a refund will NOT be issued. Fees can be applied to another program that is being offered within 12 months of the original course date.*PLEASE NOTE THAT COURSE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MUST STILL BE MET
- No transfers are offered on or after 7 days prior to the course start date. A $25 administrative fee will be charged on all program transfers.
- In the event that Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine cancels an upcoming program, you will receive a full refund of your course fees.
- PLEASE NOTE: When you register for a program that is offered in conjunction with Yamnuska Mountain Adventures, the University of Calgary or Camp Chief Hector, their transfer and cancellation policies are in effect since they handle course registrations. Their cancellation and transfer policies override the Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine policy.
Emergency First Aid Course (includes Level C CPR). This course is recognized by Alberta Workplace Health and Safety.
This 1 day program meets workplace requirements for first aid training in Alberta. The course includes a combination of theory, practical activities and focuses on managing life threatening emergencies. The course includes Level C CPR and AED training.
Please be sure to read the COVID-19 Stage 2 guidelines which can be found on the course pages of our website, prior to registering for the program.
Course participants are required to bring the following:
- Mask for personal use when physical distancing is not feasible (e.g. during scenarios)
- Something to write with
- Water, snacks and lunch
- Participants are also required to complete a COVID Screening questionnaire and have their temperature checked daily.
Course Times are as Follows:
Tuesday September 29, 2020 – 9:00am – 5:00pm
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROGRAM WILL BE HELD AT KAMP KIWANIS
As the teaching vendor for our own Wilderness First Aid Program, Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine has consistently provided our students with the highest levels of quality instruction and professionalism.