The Wilderness first aid standard in terms of content and course length, this course is suitable for avid outdoor enthusiasts, outdoor activity leaders, teachers and instructors. The program covers patient assessment and treatment; evacuation decision making; environmental emergencies and includes the latest CPR and AED standards.
Every three years participants are required to refresh their Adventure Medic skills. This course will recertify participants for another three year term. The course is presented by blending classroom theory and practice with outdoor practical scenarios. This recertification consists of 20 hours of instruction.
*If you are looking for information on the full course please click here.
Manitoba – First Aider 2
Saskatchewan – Class A Attendant
Yukon – SFA
$310 plus GST
Private Course Bookings
If you need to cancel your registration for an upcoming program, then the following terms will apply.
- If you cancel your registration 14 days or more prior to a program, all course fees will be returned to you except for a $25 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your registration less than 14 days prior to an upcoming program, then a refund will NOT be issued. Fees can be applied to another program that is being offered within 12 months of the original course date.*PLEASE NOTE THAT COURSE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MUST STILL BE MET
- No transfers are offered on or after 7 days prior to the course start date. A $25 administrative fee will be charged on all program transfers.
- In the event that Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine cancels an upcoming program, you will receive a full refund of your course fees.
- PLEASE NOTE: When you register for a program that is offered in conjunction with Yamnuska Mountain Adventures, the University of Calgary or Camp Chief Hector, their transfer and cancellation policies are in effect since they handle course registrations. Their cancellation and transfer policies override the Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine policy.
This is a recertification course for individuals who have taken the Adventure Medic Course in the past. Course dates are as follows:
Wednesday – Friday – 9:00pm – 5:00pm
Friday is the Field Day
Private Courses Only
As the teaching vendor for our own Wilderness First Aid Program, Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine has consistently provided our students with the highest levels of quality instruction and professionalism.
Thank you for being so flexible and accommodating to the Outdoor Centre First Aid Recert group and me. Your efforts and kindness was much appreciated. The first aid course was the best course I have taken to date. Dave’s knowledge, teaching skills, and experience was professional, enjoyable and appreciated.