We began with a request to develop and present a program dealing with “Bear Awareness” and in the process determined that there are other ‘animals’ out there that we need to be aware of also. What is the most dangerous creature in the world? If you take humans out of the equation, the answer is the “mosquito!” Hence the creation of our “Wildlife Awareness” program!
Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine’s Wildlife Awareness Course provides an overview of the wildlife in Canada that participants should be aware of when working in a remote environment. The program focuses on methods of preventing and avoiding an encounter through education and planning, but also deals with ways to minimize the consequences when an encounter becomes unavoidable.
Our Wildlife Awareness program is available as a 4 hour “facilitated” course, or can be used as a self study unit complete with exam. At the conclusion of the workshop participants will have been “exposed” to…
- Mosquitoes (West Nile Virus)
- Ticks (Lyme Disease)
- Rodents (Hantavirus)
- Bats (Rabies)
- Giardia and Cryptosporidium
Specific areas of focus can be added or enhanced as required, in order to relate more closely to your work environment. For example for those working in the Arctic we have included Polar Bears.
Your Content Goes Here
$80 + GST
If you need to cancel your registration for an upcoming program, then the following terms will apply.
- If you cancel your registration 14 days or more prior to a program, all course fees will be returned to you except for a $25 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your registration less than 14 days prior to an upcoming program, then a refund will NOT be issued. Fees can be applied to another program that is being offered within 12 months of the original course date.*PLEASE NOTE THAT COURSE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MUST STILL BE MET
- No transfers are offered on or after 7 days prior to the course start date. A $25 administrative fee will be charged on all program transfers.
- In the event that Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine cancels an upcoming program, you will receive a full refund of your course fees.
- PLEASE NOTE: When you register for a program that is offered in conjunction with Yamnuska Mountain Adventures, the University of Calgary or Camp Chief Hector, their transfer and cancellation policies are in effect since they handle course registrations. Their cancellation and transfer policies override the Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine policy.
This course is only available for private bookings.