Every three years participants are required to refresh their Advanced Adventure Medic / Wilderness First Responder skills. We offer two different recertification courses to best meet participant needs. Both courses result in a renewal of your existing Advanced Adventure Medic or Wilderness First Responder certification however they differ in lengths.
*If you are looking for information on the full course please click here.
5 Day Program
- The five day program offers ample opportunities for discussion, review, and practice of both theory and skills taught in the full course. This program moves at a relaxed pace and ensures that learners leave with a thorough understanding of course topics.The five day program offers ample opportunities for discussion, review, and practice of both theory and skills taught in the full course. This program moves at a relaxed pace and ensures that learners leave with a thorough understanding of course topics.Suggested for:
- Individuals who do not use their knowledge regularly
- Individuals not prepared to do pre-study on their own time
- Individuals who prefer to learn at a more relaxed pace
3 Day Program
- The three day program is an assessment based refresher course that requires extensive pre-course self-study, a sound knowledge base and strong skills for successful completion.
- Individuals who regularly use and understand their knowledge
- Individuals capable of learning in a fast paced environment
Wilderness First Responder – No OH&S Equivalency. Recognized by: Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG), American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA), Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of British Columbia (SKGABC).
BC – OFA 3 level equivalency
Manitoba – First Aider 3
Saskatchewan – Class B Attendant
Yukon – Advanced First Aid
5 Day – $495 + GST per person
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures – open registration
Private Course Bookings
Private Courses Only
At Camp Chief Hector YMCA, the health and safety of campers and staff members is our top priority. We need to be at the front edge of health and safety regarding prevention and emergency response. Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine has always supplied the thorough, engaging and professional training that helps us do our best. Their administrative staff and their field staff are always helpful. Their courses are focused and informed. Their instructors are professional, respectful and caring. The staff and campers from Camp Chief Hector YMCA enjoy their courses!